As we have for many years, we will continue the Giving Tree ministry this year for needy children in our Community. Dealing with the COVID pandemic it will look different this year, but the end result will be the same- sharing God’s Love with others.
Choices for gift giving:
- Traditional red tags and in store shopping– pick out tag after masses 11/21 & 11/22. Tags are for specific requests from children. Gift should be returned to church by 12/6 in a gift bag.
- Online wish lists for online purchases to be delivered to agency/school/parish, as created on the wish list. This option is for parishioners wanting to purchase a gift without having to leave their home! All wish lists can be found below.
All online purchases need to have a delivery date by 12/7/20
Please click on the name of the organization to view the Amazon wish list. The seven online wish lists to choose from are:
- Kids First: Kids First of Florida (KFF) is the community based care agency providing child welfare and foster care services to the residents of Clay County.
- Episcopal Children’s Services: Episcopal Children’s Services helps underserved children in Northeast and Central Florida build a strong foundation for educational success. Working with children from birth to age 5, ECS’s dedicated teachers and staff use curriculums based on the latest research and best practices to help families ensure their youngsters enter school ready to learn.
- Holy Rosary: Our sister parish in the Northside of Jacksonville. Holy Rosary Parish seeks to be a living community with respect for different persons and personalities. Attuned to the will of God by example of faith, worship, and prayer, we will work together toward the common goal of a loving, sharing, forgiving community that would, in itself, draw the interest of others into our Church community!
- Montclair Elementary School: A title 1 school on Moody Road in Orange Park. Montclair Elementary School exists to prepare life-long learners for success in a global and competitive workplace and in acquiring applicable life skills.
- Ridgeview Elementary School: A title 1 school on Jefferson Road in Orange Park. Ridgeview Elementary School exists to prepare life-long learners for success in a global and competitive workplace and in acquiring applicable life skills.
- SB Jennings Elementary School: A title 1 school on Corona Drive in Orange Park. S. Bryan Jennings Elementary School, staffed by highly qualified teachers, will establish an open, caring, and safe environment which promotes maximum achievement, while challenging our students to meet today and tomorrow as happy, healthy, successful, and responsible individuals.
- WE Cherry Elementary School: A title 1 school on Edson Drive in Orange Park. W. E. Cherry exists to prepare life-long learners for success in a global and competitive workplace and in acquiring life-skills.
We are also in need of:
- Gift cards: We need 105 $20 gift cards to WalMart, Target or Amazon for homeless teens attending Orange Park High School, Orange Park Junior High and Middleburg High School and individuals currently living in a half way house while they transition back to the community. If purchased online, send to parish office.
- Grocery gift cards: We need gift cards to Publix, Winn Dixie and Wal Mart in various denominations for families to purchase food for their Christmas dinner.
- Cash donations: Giving Tree Core Team will purchase needed items listed above. Donations and checks should be made out to St Catherine. Please specify for Giving Tree on the envelope or in the memo line of your check. The white donation envelopes will be available at all masses 11/21 & 11/22.
All store-bought gifts, store/grocery gift cards and cash donations should be received at the church by December 6th.
Members of the Giving Tree Core Team will be available at all masses 11/21 & 11/22. Thanks to all who are putting smiles on children’s faces and making Christmas special as we celebrate Christ’s birth.
Thank you for your generosity during these difficult times.